Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 29, 2021

Fast and Simple

I needed a few more Christmas cards so I decided to think outside the box and make something unexpected and yet simple.  I grabbed my Ornate Layers Dies and a stamp set and had some fun.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Shaded Spruce cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then die cut my Real Red Layer using the Ornate Layers Dies from the Annual Catalog and added it to the center of my card base.  I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 3 3/8 x 2” and I used a technique I have not done in a while.  I used my Real Red and Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Write Markers (be sure you are not using the Stampin’ Blends because they are alcohol and will ruin your stamps) and I selected the stamp you see here from the For Unto Us stamp set.  I used my markers and colored in each of the areas with the color I wanted (so basically, I colored everything with the Shaded Spruce except for the word Christmas) I then huffed on my stamp (to simply release your breath out close to your stamp to add moisture back to the ink).  Once it was stamped, I took the small pointed end of my marker and added my red berries. 

Now I layered that stamped piece onto a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock that measured 3 5/8 x 2 ¼” and then I centered that on my Ornate Layers piece and popped it up using Dimensionals.  For my final addition I added a bow made from the Real Red Satin Ribbon and one of the green gems from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment