Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Eden’s Garden Arrow Fold Card

 When I received the products for the new Eden’s Garden Collection I was thrilled.  I wanted to create some cards that are special using this beautiful new collection that became available this month.  The paper and gems are available only while supplies last but the stamps and dies will be featured in the new January – June 2021 Mini Catalog.   For my first card with this set I decided to create an Arrow Fold card.  I have seen these on Pinterest and Youtube and I really thought this collection (especially the paper) was perfect for that.     

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Evening Evergreen cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  Once that is scored there are a number of other measurements and scores that are needed to create the arrow.  I thought it would be easier to show a diagram that to try to explain everything.  Here it is…



Mark the sides at 2 1/8" and the bottom of the card at 2 3/4".  Then score as shown above.  Once you have these scores the inside score lines are folded toward the center.  Then the shorter score lines are folded out (this is what creates the arrow).  Be sure to burnish your score lines individually and well to get a good crisp crease.  Now fold the card together and burnish the arrow once again from the front. 

Now it is time to decorate.  We are going to start with our Designer Series Paper.  This Ever Eden Specialty Designer Series Paper is beautiful.  Just select a paper that is two sided and who’s sides compliment one another like this one.  Cut your DSP to 4 x 5” (be sure to be mindful of the pattern, one that is non-directional is much easier to use for this card).  See the diagram below for cutting the DSP…



Mark your paper at 2 1/2" at the bottom and cut as shown in the diagram above.  The largest triangle will cover the top of your arrow and the two smaller ones will become the side pieces.  Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock just like you cut the DSP and use the larger triangle for the inside of your card (see the photo below of the inside and the envelope) save the other two to use on some other project.  Adhere the DSP to the card and the white cardstock to the inside.  I used a piece of Soft Succulent cardstock that was cut using one of the dies from the Eden’s Garden Bundle and stamped my sentiment, also from the bundle in Evening Evergreen.  I die cut a little piece of Gold Foil using one of the dies from the Forever Flourishing dies (you could also just use one of the dies from the bundle).  I placed my die cut down on the center of my arrow and adhered it.  I then added my sentiment using Dimensionals.  For my final touch I added three cute little gems from the coordinating Garden Gems. 

Here is the inside and the envelope, I stamped one of the little branches from the bundle onto my envelope again using Evening Evergreen ink.  



I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment