Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 22, 2021

Fun with Ink

I decided that today I would play around with the Artistically Inked Bundle and the Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I have this issue where a paper is so pretty, I hate to cut it and this paper has been that way for me.  So today I decided to start hacking it up and of course as soon as I cut the first piece, I couldn’t wait to start creating with it. 

Here is what I came up with…

This is one of those collections where the Designer Series Paper does 90% of the work for you.  The card base is Polished Pink cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  Next, I cut a layer of Gold Foil that is 4 x 5 1/4”.  Here’s a great cost saver, while you have this layer cut do your die cutting from the center (it’s going to be covered anyway).  I used the largest of the dies from the Artistically Inked Bundle.  Once that is done go ahead and adhere your Gold Foil to your card base.  Then cut the final layer of the Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper to 3 ¾ x 5” and add it. 

I found that the easiest way to attach my die cut to my card was using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I just poured some out on my Silicone Mat (love this because when the glue dries it just peels off) and used a Dauber (I keep one just for this) to add it to the back of my die cut.  Then I stamped the sentiment (also from the bundle) onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured ½ x 3 ¾” using Polished Pink Ink.  I attached that to a piece of Polished Pink cardstock that measured ¾ x 4” and using Dimensionals I popped that up on the front of my card. 

Now for the inside and the envelope…


I stamped one of the flowers from the bundle onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” using Polished Pink Ink.  I found this really cool Quicky Glue Pinpoint Roller from Sakura Color Products Inc. that lays down a super fine line of glue.  So, I used that to add some glue lines around my flower and added some of the Gilded Leafing (wow).  I also added a strip of Gold Foil that measured 1/4 x 5 1/4" down the left side.  For my envelope I used the stamp from the bundle that is just a marble look and I stamped it all over the flap of my envelope, again using Polished Pink Ink.  I did the same thing with the glue pen and Gilded Leafing to this.  Here is a closer look at that…


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment