Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 4, 2021

For Unto Us

I created a card a few years ago that was very popular among my customers so I wanted to try to recreate it with a Christmas theme. 

Here is what I came up with …


The card base was created from Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then took a piece of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 1/8”.  I measured over from the left side ¾” and 3” and made little light marks with a pencil on both the top and bottom of the layer.  Then draw a line from the ¾” on top to the 3” mark on the bottom and one from the 3” on the top to the ¾” on the bottom.  Once I had my lines I went ahead and cut along each to create these “V” openings.  I stamped the sentiment “for unto us a child is born” from the For Unto Us stamp set using Cherry Cobbler ink.  

I cut little strips of Evening Evergreen cardstock that measured ¼” wide (I added them leaving about ½ the strip visible, liquid adhesive works best for this) I left a little sticking out of the top and bottom of each and cut them off evenly once they were attached (I just overlapped them at the point of the “V” since this is going to be covered anyway). 

I attached the two whisper white layers onto a piece of Tidings of Christmas DSP that measured 3 x 4” just bringing the points together.  Once this layer was all done, I attached it to my card base.  Now the fun part I got to decorate my card.  I used the Poinsettia Die and die cut my Poinsettia out of the beautiful Red Velvet Paper.  I cut the center out of Gold Foil.  I love how this die not only cuts out the Poinsettia but it also adds the embossed lines throughout the flower.  I adhered my Poinsettia to the card where the points come together in the center.  For the final addition I tucked two of the Gold Holly Leaves under my flower. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment