Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, November 15, 2021

Fun with Alcohol and Velvet

I decided to do something different than what I normally do for a Christmas card and I am pretty happy with the result.  I find that I tend to be a little more of a traditionalist and this time I decided to let go of that and try adding some different techniques to create something new here is what I came up with…


First, I am not going to go into the whole Alcohol on Vellum technique in this post.  You can see how that works on my Monday, July 19th post on the subject (it is a little long to explain and since it is already on the blog, I figured I didn’t need to repeat it).  So, I cut my vellum to 37/8 x 5 1/8”.  I used just two Stampin’ Blend Alcohol markers and they were the Light Evening Evergreen and the Dark Cherry Cobbler (I love how they look together).  Once I had my alcohol technique done on my vellum, I adhered it to a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” (I left my inked side up because I liked how vibrant it looked).  To adhere the vellum the technique I found to work best was to use some Liquid Adhesive and pour it onto the Silicone Mat (just let it dry when you are done and it will wipe right off the mat) and then use a Dauber to put a light even coat of adhesive on the back of the vellum.  I also used a couple more techniques on this layer.  I used my liquid adhesive and ran thin lines around the piece and then added Gilded Leafing Gilding to it (just rub softly so you adhere the gilding but don’t smear the adhesive) and then I took my Wink of Stella and just tapped it on my finger causing it to splatter on the vellum (that’s how I got those shinny little spots). 

Now it is time to put it all together.  The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I attached the layer we created with the vellum and Shaded Spruce cardstock to that.  I die cut all three of the layers of the Poinsettia Dies out of Red Velvet Specialty Paper, the center out of Gold Foil and the two leaves out of Shaded Spruce Cardstock.  I put my Poinsettia together and adhered it to the front of my card with Dimensionals.  I took some Shaded Spruce Ink and a dauber and inked the edges and centers of my leaves and tucked them up under the flower with Dimensionals.  The center was added and the card was complete. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment