Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Black and Gold

Today I decided I wanted to create a simple card that featured two colors that are perfect together, gold and black.  I thought the Bamboo Beauty stamp set was the perfect set to showcase these stunning colors. 

Here is what I came up with…


I think this card is simply elegant.  This is an excellent example of how less is more.  The Gold Stampin’ Emboss powder really makes the stamp set pop.  Oh, and the little symbol on the side represents “friendship”.  So, let’s get started shall we.

The card base is Basic Black cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a second piece of Basic Black cardstock to 2 ¼ x 5”.  I stamped this piece with the bamboo from the stamp set and the friendship symbol using Versamark ink and then added Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool.  Once that was done, I cut a piece of Gold Foil to mount it on that measured 2 ½ x 5 ¼”.  I added the two layers to the base using Dimensionals.  Three little Gilded Gems finish off the front of the card. 

For the inside I stamped the sentiment “The Bamboo that bends is Stronger than the Oak that Breaks” which is a Japanese Proverb and one of the little bamboo branches onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I also added another of the bamboo branches onto the envelope.

This was a fast and simple card that really stands out.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

1 comment: