Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, November 26, 2021

An Elegant Card

I am really loving this Ever Eden Specialty Designer Series paper from the Eden’s Garden Collection.  Today I wanted to use it with some other stamps and dies I have instead of the ones from the collection just to make it interesting.      

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Soft Succulent cardstock that is cut 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  The first thing I did was to add my sentiment to the bottom right of the card front.  I selected the “Merry Christmas” sentiment from the Poinsettia Petals Stamp set and stamped it on using VersaMark ink.  I added Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool.

Next, I selected two of the Ever Eden DSP designs that work well together.  I added the first which was cut to 2 x 5 ½” across the card front.  I then cut a piece of Gold Foil that is 1 6/8 x 5 ½” and added that to the center of the previous DSP.  Next, I took the other DSP pattern and cut a piece to 1 ½ x 5 ½” and centered that on the gold.

I constructed my Poinsettia but die cutting Basic White cardstock (this is a good place to use up scrap pieces from other projects), I cut all three to the layers from the Poinsettia Dies and shaped them just a bit with my bone folder.  I added a bit of the Old Olive Pretty Peacock Ribbon to the back of the Poinsettia and then used some Dimensionals to add this to my card front.  I then cut two of the branches from the dies from scraps of Gold Foil and tucked them up under my Poinsettia.  I cut two of the leaves from the dies out of more scraps, this time Evening Evergreen, again I shaped these with my bone folder and tucked them up under the flower.  For the center of the Pointsettia I die cut the center from the dies out of Gold Foil and added 7 little Pearl Basic Jewels to finish it off. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment