Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Birthday Gift Card

During our Gift Card Class I decided not all of the gift card holders should be Christmas, so I decided to create a Happy Birthday one and make it masculine (because I have two sons and both have birthdays within the next few weeks, LOL).      

Here is what I came up with…



I think the easiest way to explain this card it to first do all of our cutting and scoring so here are those measurements…

Base card is Evening Evergreen cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 4 ¼”

The next layer for the base is from the Tidings of Christmas DSP and it measures 4 x 5 ¼” (be sure to watch the directional paper)

 Now let’s work on cutting all the pieces for the mechanism of the gift card.

 Cardstock cutting:

Evening Evergreen cardstock cut to 4 x 11”, scored at 3, 6 and 9”

Soft Succulent cardstock and it measures 2 ¾ x 3 ¾” and 1 7/8 x 3 7/8”

Basic White cardstock 2 ½ x 3 ½” and 2 ¾ x 3 ¾”

Tidings of Christmas DSP 1 ¾ x 3 ¾”

 So, let’s get started with assembly.  First adhere your DSP to your base.  Now fold up your 11” piece of cardstock at the score lines (the way this is done is to start at one end and fold in then fold in again, you fold all the you will have one single layer when finished).  Here is a photo with the card open so you can first see what I am talking about…


Now we are going to add this piece to our base but first we are going to add our ribbon so we can tie our card holder together.  This is a piece of Evening Evergreen Ribbon that was cut to 19” and which I attached to the center back of the smaller gift card holder using plenty of Tear & Tape so it stays in place.  Once the ribbon is on you can go ahead and attach this to the base. 

Now let’s start decorating shall we.  With your cardstock pieces all folded together add the Soft Succulent layer to the top of them.  Now take the piece of Basic White cardstock that is 2 ½ x 3 ½” and we are going to stamp it using one of the tree stamps from the Evergreen Elegance Bundle.  I used Soft Succulent Ink and stamped off once before adding my tree to the far-left side of the paper.  I also chose to use the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Pansy Patch stamp set and I stamped it in Evening Evergreen Ink on the far-right side (you could use any sentiment stamp you have on hand).  This gets adhered to the Soft Succulent layer.  Now I used some scrap of Evening Evergreen about 1 ½” wide and I punched out my trees using the coordinating punch that comes in the bundle.  I could have left it at that but I wanted my trees to have some interest so I stuck that piece into the Evergreen Forrest 3D Embossing Folder and embossed them.  I cut them to length and added them onto my card front.  Now for the inside.  When fully opened add the Basic White cardstock that measures 2 ¾ x 3 ¾” to the second panel from the top.   Now we are going to create our gift card pocket.  Adhere the piece of DSP that measures 1 ¾ x 3 ¾” to the piece of Soft Succulent that measures 1 7/8 x 3 7/8”.  Once this layer is assembled, we are going to attach it.  Be sure to stay very close to the edges of the layer so the adhesive doesn’t interfere with the gift card.  Now that that is done simply fold the smaller card up and tie with a bow and you are done.

I hope you enjoy this gift card holder I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment