Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Poinsettia Petals Gift Card Holder

Last week I held a class to create Gift Card Holders and this is one we created using the Poinsettia Petals stamps and Poinsettia Dies from the Annual Catalog. 


The card base is Real Red cardstock that is cut 11 x 5 ¼” and scored at 3 and 7” on the long side.  Fold your card like a standard card and fold the small little three-inch side in toward the center of the inside.  Now, using the Tailored Tags Punch punch the center of the 3” side (this is where your gift card will be inserted, see photo) and glue down the top and bottom close to the edges.



To decorate the front of the card I added a layer of the Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper to the front that measured 3 ¾ x 5”.  Next, I started my die cutting.  I cut all three of the layers of the Poinsettia out of Red Foil using the Poinsettia dies (best part is they do all the embossing as well.  I then die cut the leaves from the same die set out of the Green Foil.  For the final layer of my flower, I die cut the center (again from the same die set) out of Gold Foil.  To create the flower, I found using the Mini Glue dots worked best as liquid adhesive slides around on the foil.  I layered the flowers being sure to offset each layer and used my bone folder to curl up the petals.  I added it to the card base using Dimensionals.  For the leaves I again used the bone folder to give them shape and added them up under the flower again using Dimensionals. 

The sentiment is from the stamp set and I stamped it onto a piece of Basic White Cardstock with Real Red Ink and die cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.  This is added to the next largest die cut which was cut out of Real Red cardstock.  They are then added to the card again using Dimensionals.  The inside of the card is a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 3 ¾ x 5 “.  I stamped the sentiment Merry Christmas on this piece again using Real Red Ink. 

I hope you enjoy this gift card holder and if you chose to make one I am certain your recipient will love it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment