Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 14, 2019

Scrapbooking Anyone?


Today I chose to create a two-page scrapbook layout.  Why you ask?  Well I have several friends that have said recently well I am not a card maker I am a scrapbooker so Stampin Up just isn’t for me.  I wanted to show them that Stampin Up is great for any paper crafter so here is what I came up with.



I started with base pages that were made from 12 x 12” Very Vanilla cardstock.  I added two strips of the beautiful Brightly Gleaming DSP (I love this paper with the beautiful copper foil accents).  The strip on the right-hand side of pages one and the left-hand side of page 2 measure 2 x 12” and the strip on the right of page one and left of page 2 measure 1 x 12”.  (see there only one half of a sheet of the DSP was used to make the whole layout).

So, let’s get started on the rest of the page (they mimic one another so no need to separate out directions).  I placed a piece of Night of Navy cardstock at the bottom that measures 9 x 4” and fits perfectly between the two strips of DSP.  Next I added a piece of Pretty Peacock also 9 x 4” above that.  To cover the seam and give my page a finished look I added a strip of the beautiful Copper foil over the intersection of those two sheets of cardstock and also at the top of the Pretty Peacock, these strips measure ½ x 9”. 

For the top of the page I stamped the beautiful ornaments from the Christmas Gleaming stamp set onto pieces of Pretty Peacock, Mossy Meadow and Night of Navy using Versamark ink and them embossed them using the Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and my heat tool.  I just love the affect.  I then used the coordinating punches to punch them out.  I stamped a total of 6 of the larger and four of the smaller ornaments and placed three large and two of the small ones on each page making sure to alternate the stamped pattern in the large and also the color of the cardstock. (see photo). 

I added photo mats (mine are for 4 x 6” and 4 x 4” photos) in Night of Navy and Mossy Meadow.  And to finish off my page I placed the ornaments using dimensionals at the top of the pages tucking in a piece of the Linen Thread behind each of them and wrapping it over the top of the pages and secured it in the back with photo safe tape.  Next, I just added some copper stars and ornaments from the Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements. 

I hope you enjoy this project; it really was fun to do some scrapbook pages for a change.  I will list all the products I used below and as always they and many more products can be found on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:
 
Paper:  Brightly Gleaming DSP (150429) and Copper Foil Sheets (142020)

Cardstock:  Mossy Meadow (133676), Pretty Peacock (150880), Night of Navy (100867) Very Vanilla 12 x 12” (144239)

Stamp and Punches:  Christmas Gleaming Bundle (10% discount as a bundle) (153006)

Misc: Brightly Gleaming Foil Elements (150431), Linen Thread (104199), Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Versamark Ink (102283), Copper Stamin’ Emboss Powder (141636), Heat Tool (129053)




No comments:

Post a Comment