Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Just Saying Hello

I had such a good time working with the Tasteful Touches Bundle and the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper on Monday I decided to play with it a little more today    
I really like the subtle textures in this designer series paper and wanted to use this one with hexagonal tiles with a little pink hue, so I thought it would look great with a gray backdrop and here is what I made…



The card base is Basic Gray cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of Smoky Slate that measured 4 x 5 ¼”, I stamped the leaves from the stamp set using Basic Gray ink (which I had stamped off once for a lighter tone) along the top of this layer.  I added a piece of the In Good Taste DSP to the bottom of this layer that measured 2 ¼ x 5 ¼” to the bottom of this layer. 

Next I stamped three of the flowers onto Whisper White cardstock using Melon Mambo ink, while the ink was still fresh I used my Blending Pen to pull some of the ink into the open areas giving the flowers a little touch of the Melon Mambo ink (this is a great way to add a little color without taking away from the sharpness of the image.  Once I had all my flowers colored I fussy cut them. 

For my sentiment I used another of the stamps from the set and stamped it with Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  I then used another of the dies from this bundle to cut it out and I used dimensionals to pop it and the flowers up across the center of the card.  Again, this is one of the ones I was talking about on Monday that cuts and embosses (I am loving these dies).  

Here is a picture of it up close, just look at those embossed edges, it is just gorgeous...


I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment