Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Golden Blossoms In Bloom


Golden Blossoms in Bloom
I told you I was loving this Blossoms in Bloom Bundle and I would be playing with it more and I have been.  So today I decided I would create a card that highlighted this bundle along with Gold, Black and the new Just Jade colors.  

Here is what I came up with…



The card base is Just Jade cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.   Once I had it folded, I stamped my image from the Blossoms in Bloom bundle onto the center front using VersaMark ink and then added Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it with the Heat Tool (this created my first layer of gold). 

I then prepared a piece of Gold Foil Paper that I cut just large enough to fit the wider of the two large image dies from the same bundle.  Once I had it cut, I added some of the Adhesive Sheets to the back (this makes this whole card so much easier) and then ran it through my die cutting machine.  It was then layered directly onto the card over the gold embossing (just start in one corner and line things up and slowly work across and down the card to adhere it.

Next came the black accent (which I think makes the card pop) this was created by using Basic Black cardstock that I also covered with the Adhesive Sheets and using the thinner of the two dies from the bundle I ran that through the die cutting machine.  It was then adhered to the top of the gold foil using the same method as in the previous step. 

(TIP:  RUN THESE PIECES THROUGH THE DIE CUTTING MACHING SEVERAL TIMES TO REMOVE ALL THE LITTLE BITS AND PIECES)

Once all of that was done it was time to work on my sentiment.  I used my Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to create my layers for the sentiment (I am loving this punch; it has two different designs and will cut in three different widths).  For my actual sentiment I chose to use a piece of Just Jade cardstock that measured ¾” x 2 5/8”, I stamped my sentiment from the same bundle using VersaMark ink and again used gold embossing powder and my Heat Tool to set it.  I added this to a piece of Basic Black cardstock that measured 1 x 3 ¼” that was also punched on each end.  The whole sentiment was then popped up using Dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment