Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 20, 2020

Tasteful Touches


I had some fun with the new Tasteful Touches bundle today.  I am really enjoying this bundle along with the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper.  One of the things I am really loving are the amazing dies in this set, not only do they cut out some beautiful labels for my sentiments but some are stitched and others actually emboss as well as cut, I will show you one later in the post.      

Here is todays share…


The card base is Smoky Slate cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. 
Next I took a piece of the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper that measured 3 ¾ x 5” (I love this tile look, this whole package is made up of wonderful neutral textural designs) and I stamped the leaves from the Tasteful Touches bundle onto it with Old Olive ink, starting in the center of the paper and working out to the top right and down the bottom left with a little more between them.  I attached this DSP to a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I wrapped a piece of the Linen Thread around the card three times. 

Nest I went to work on my flowers.  I stamped the flower onto Whisper White cardstock twice using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored the flowers using my Stampin’ Blends, I used Petal Pink and Flirty Flamingo on the flowers themselves and added some Mango Melody to the centers.  Once these were all colored I fussy cut them (no big deal as this is a really easy flower to cut).  I popped them up onto the center of my card using Dimensionals right over the Linen Thread I had across the center of the card.  I then added a little triple bow made from the Linen Thread to the left side of the card.

For my sentiment I used one of the dies from the bundle and one of the sentiments.  Look at what I mean about how these dies cut and emboss for a super cool affect…



I just love this affect.  I stamped the sentiment “YOU ARE SO special” onto a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then die cut it and placed it on the bottom right of the card using Dimensionals.  I did add a three of the little Pearl Basic Jewels to the top left to balance out the card (remember uneven numbers of embellishments look the best)

(TIP:  PLAY WITH THESE DIES A LITTLE TO FIND THE PERFECT SANDWICH SO THEY CUT AND EMBOSS WELL, I HAD TO ADD A LITTLE BIT OF PAPER TO SHIM MY PLATES)

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment