Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Blossoms in Bloom meets Vellum and White


I wanted to make another card that showcased this beautiful Blossoms in Bloom bundle.  So I decided I would play around with some textured background, vellum and both white and black cardstock.  This card features the dies from the bundle and only used the stamp set for the sentiment.    

Here it is…


The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  Then I added a layer of Basic Black which measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  The next layer is a little larger than I normally make my third layer but I love having just a hint of the black showing.  It was cut from Just Jade cardstock and measures 3 7/8 x 5 1/8”, once I had this cut, I embossed it using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder (love the light texture this gives my layer).

Onto the flowers themselves, I started with the wider of the flower dies (the one shown at the bottom of this picture) and I cut it out of Vellum cardstock (unlike the other cards I have created using this die set I did not add adhesive sheets to the back of this one because they would show through the vellum so I will explain adhering it to the card in the next step) once this was cut (yes run it through the die cutting machine several times to get all the little bits and pieces out) I set it aside.


Now I started work on the next layer of the flowers.  For this layer I used the narrower die (shown at the top of the photo above) and I adhered the Adhesive Sheets to the back of Whisper White cardstock and cut it out.  I adhered this to the top of the vellum flowers by aligning the top and working down and across slowly removing the adhesive sheet.  Once my flowers were put together, I used liquid adhesive to attach it to the front of the card. 

(TIP: HIDE YOUR ADHESIVE BEHIND THE WHISPER WHITE LAYER SO IT DOES NOT SHOW THROUGH THE VELLUM)

For my sentiment I stamped the HELLO from the Blossoms in Blooms bundle onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock using VersaMark ink and added White Stampin’ Emboss powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  I then die cut it using a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies and popped it up with Dimensionals.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used: 

No comments:

Post a Comment