Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 6, 2020

Ornate Borders Oh My


I am really loving all the new products but this suite was released early and I guess with all the craziness going on in the world at the time I just lost sight of it’s potential.  I am really happy with how the border dies in the Ornate Borders help me create beautiful cards with minimal effort since the die does the work for me and makes such a wonderful statement all on its own. 




The card base is made from Mint Macaron cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped my sentiment which comes from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set (I have been needing a lot of thinking of you cards) using Mint Macaroon ink in the bottom right corner, set this piece aside while you work on the next step.

I then cut a piece of Gold Foil that measured approximately 1 1/4 x 5 ¼” and ran it through my die cutting machine with this amazing border die, I attached this to the back side of a piece of the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper (I love this gold foil on the paper) that measured 2 x 5 ¼”.  Once I finished this I attached the DSP and Border to my piece of Whisper White making sure to line up the top and both sides.  Then I wrapped a piece of the 5/8” Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon around the card front right where the DSP and border meet and tied a square knot. 

I added this layer to my card base (in hindsight I think I would have elevated this layer with dimensionals for additional interest). 

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment