Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Blossoms In Bloom Meets Watercoloring


I have been so excited to start playing with this new Blossoms In Bloom bundle.  I have tons of ideas and plan to make many more cards to share with everyone.  But for my first card with this bundle I wanted a real wow factor and I do believe I achieved just that.   
  
Here is what I came up with…



The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added another layer also in Whisper White that measured 4 x 5 ¼” that I embossed using the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, I love the simple texture this folder added to my layer.  I did add this layer with Dimensionals to give it more depth. 

Next, I grabbed my dies and got to work (this card has no stamping on it, everything is done with ink and dies).  Here are what the dies for this set look like…


As you can see there is a thick layer and a thinner layer.  For the thin layer I used Gold Foil Sheet to which I added the new Adhesive Sheet to the back of the foil (wow, does this make adhering these fine pieces so much easier).  Once I had my adhesive sheet on the back (remember only remove the covering on the side you are adhering to the back of the foil) I ran this piece through my die cutting machine several times (remember you are cutting through both the foil and the adhesive sheet and you want the pieces to come out clean), I even turned it once or twice to ensure everything cut through.  Now lay this aside and let’s get started on the next step.

For the thicker of the dies I cut it out of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper (again, run that die through the die cutter several times as watercolor paper is thick).  Once I had all the pieces punched out, I started my watercoloring.  To achieve this, I simply squeezed my ink pad while it was still shut to get some ink up on the lid (or you can use drops of ink from a reinker or you can push one of your acrylic blocks into the ink pad to pick up some ink).  To start out I lightly sprayed my watercolor paper using a Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water (water is the magic carpet of the ink on this paper).  I used my Water Painters and painted my ink onto my watercolor paper. 

(TIP:  WHILE WATER HELPS THE INK MOVE AROUND BE CAREFUL YOU DON’T GET YOUR PROJECT TOO WET OR WATER DOWN YOUR INK TO MUCH, THIS CAN RESULT IN MUDDIED COLORS)

I started out painting my leaves, for them I used Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green ink.  I then painted the center of all of the flowers with Daffodil Delight ink.  Once the centers were done, I moved on to the two smaller flowers and I used Highland Heather ink for them.  For my large flowers I only used two colors (however I did allow them to run together in some areas to get a third color) I used Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo. I was very fluid in my coloring just dabbing color here and there and adding water as needed.  Once I was done, I allowed this to dry very thoroughly. 

When everything was dry I simply back some of the backing sheet on my gold foil layer and starting in one corner (I chose to start on the top left so I could use the leaves to line things up) I started to lay down the gold onto the watercolor paper.  I worked down and across the piece pulling away the adhesive sheet backing as I went.  Once that was all done, I added Dimensionals (the mini dimensionals really worked good on this piece) to the back of the layer and adhered it to the front of my card.

I am thrilled with how this card came out and can’t wait to make a bunch more in different colors, the sky is the limit with this amazing bundle and I haven’t even used the stamps yet.  Keep watching for more projects using this set because I can assure you there will be many more.

I hope you enjoy this card.  I will list the supplies I used below and you can find the supplies for this card and many more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog or easier yet just click the icon for the product below and it will take you right to my website.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  (note, I have listed both the individual die that I used as well as the bundle that includes the stamp set, while I didn't use the stamp set on this project it is a great accompaniment to the die and if they are purchased as a bundle you save 10% on both the die and stamp set so it is better to purchase them this way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment