Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Not just for Christmas

I am finding that I actually prefer to make cards with unusual or unexpected sentiments or designer series paper.  This one is a perfect example...


This card features the new Feels Like Frost 6 x 6" Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Catalog but as you can see it is certainly not a holiday card.  This paper is really very beautiful and while it has a second side that is silver and white metallic and very holidayish (I know I made the word up) but I find the side with these beautiful photo quality images to be just breathtaking and because they are so beautiful they almost make the card all by themselves.  Just remember this paper is from the holiday catalog so don't wait order yours now as the catalog and the paper retire on January 3, 2020.

I chose this pretty scene with some foliage that coordinates so well with Purple Posy and Seaside Spray cardstock (both from this years in colors).  The card is very basic.  I started with a Seaside Spray base that was cut 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4" and set aside.  I began making my layers by stacking the following...a layer of Whisper White cardstock that measures 4 x 5 1/4" and a layer of Purple Posy cardstock that measures 3 3/4 x 5" and finally, the best part, this gorgeous DSP that measures 3 1/2 x 4 3/4".  Once I had those layers all assembled I wrapped them with a piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and created a bow (this ribbon is super easy to work).  

Then I simply added those layers onto my card base.  Next I stamped the sentiment "Thank You" from the Magnolia Blooms stamp set onto a piece of Purple Posy cardstock using Seaside Spray ink.  I then die cut that using the die from the Beautiful Boughs die set.  I popped it up on the card at an angle using dimensionals and finished the card off with three Seaside Spray dots from the 2019 - 2020 In Color Faceted Dots embellishments.  

And there you have it, a card that was created using products from both the annual and the holiday catalog that is anything but holidayish, LOL.  Hope you enjoyed this card.  As always you can find the supplies to make this card and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or the item listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  




No comments:

Post a Comment