Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Copper Frames Look Great


I just love the look of copper so I could not resist doing another card using the Copper Foil Sheets.  This is a really simple card that has that really classy look to it.


I started with a card base that was cut from Pretty Peacock that measures 5 ½ x 8 ½” and is scored at 4 ¼”

I then cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 3 x 4 ½” and centered about ¾” from the bottom I stamped my sentiment (from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set) with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it using the Copper Stampin Emboss Powder.  I adhered this to the card base.

Next, I used two dies from my Stitched Rectangles to create a frame (I used the largest and the fourth from the largest to make my frame) from the Copper Foil Sheets.  I love the stitching that is created using these dies, it just adds that additional bit of interest to the card.  I centered the frame over the very vanilla layer and adhered it. 

Finally I simply punched two tree’s out, one from the Copper Foil Sheets (hint here, you can punch this and more out of the leftovers from the inside of your frame) and one from a piece of the Brightly Gleaming DSP (popped this one up on a dimensional).  I finished the card off with a little copper Star Designer Accent.

See I told you this one was easy.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I will list all the supplies I used below and as always you can find them and more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock: Very Vanilla (101650) and Pretty Peacock (150880)

Specialty Paper:  Brightly Gleaming DSP (150429) and Copper Foil Sheets (142020)

Stamp Sets:  Perfectly Plaid (149418)

Punches:  Pine Tree Punch (149521) (REMINDER:  If you wish to purchase the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and the Pine Tree Punch you can order them as a bundle and save 10% on both, item #151143)

Dies:  Stitched Rectangles (148551)

Misc:  Star Designer Elements (150430), Dimensionals (104430) and Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder (141636)

Recommended:  If you don’t already have them I recommend using an Embossing Buddy (103083) to prepare your cardstock before heat embossing and you will need a heat tool if you don’t have one (129053)

No comments:

Post a Comment