Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 7, 2019

Noble Peacock for Christmas?


For today’s card I wanted to show that you don’t always have to select a Designer Series Paper (DSP) that is holiday themed to make a great holiday card (be watching for me to show you how you can use holiday DSP to make non-holiday cards).  I love this ornament from the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and I knew I wanted to really showcase it so here is what I did.




I created the card base using Blueberry Bushel stock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. 

Next I cut a layer of Whisper White card stock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  Then I cut a piece of Blueberry Bushel card stock that measured 2 ¼ x 4” and centered it across the front of the card.  To this I added piece of the beautiful Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series paper (I sure wish the beauty of this jewel-toned paper came through in photos) that measured 2 x 4”.

I used the new Stitched Nested Labels die to cut out a piece of the Blueberry Bushel card stock and then the next smaller die to cut out a piece of Whisper white.  I attached these two together and stamped the sentiment “MERRY Christmas” from the stamp set onto it using Blueberry Bushel ink.  I added this to the front of the card using dimensionals.

I stamped one of the ornaments from the stamp set (there are three to chose from) using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using the beautiful new Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (again I wish the glitter affect of the embossing powder showed through in photos, it really looks like those pretty ornaments you purchase with glitter on them) onto a piece of the Blueberry Bushel card stock and then punched it out using the coordinating Gleaming Ornaments Punch.

To finish off the card I added a little white Baker’s Twine bow to the top of the ornament and popped it up on the card using dimensionals.  I also added some of the Noble Peacock Rhinestones. 

I like the clean and classy look of this card.  I hope you enjoy this card and as always you can find all the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  I will post a list of the products I used below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

DSP/Specialty Paper:  Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper (149493)

Card stock:  Whisper White ( 100730) and Blueberry Bushel (146968)

Ink:  Blueberry Bushel (147138) and Versamark (102283)

Stamp Set:  Christmas Gleaming (150464)

Punches:  Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (150647) (REMINDER:  If you want to purchase both the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack you can bundle them and save 10% on each, Item# 153006)

Misc: Dimensionals (104430), Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine (124362), Noble Peacock Rhinestones (149494), Heat Tool (129053) and Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)

No comments:

Post a Comment