Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 25, 2019

A Christmas Birdie for You


I decided to work on a cute card that my church could send out to our college students with the Christmas care packages (we have 35 of them so that’s a lot of cards).  To make the process faster I cut the square that the stamp is on and lined up the bird and sentiment on my Stamparatus and stamped away, 35 done for them and 12 for my class in no time flat.  I love this tool it makes for perfect stamping every time (plus you can stamp a second time if you didn't get it dark enough and it lines up perfectly every time) and when you are doing a large group like these it is the only way to go.  So here is what it looks like…



Now let me tell you how it is made.

The card base was created using Sahara Sand card stock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”
Cut a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock 2 ½ x 5 ¼” and a piece of the Wrapped in Plaid DSP to 2 x 4 ½”.  Wrap a piece of the Linen Thread around the Shaded Spruce piece and attach one of the cute bells from the Jingle Bells embellishments.

Now adhere the two pieces to the front of the card as shown. 

Stamp the bird and the sentiment from the Birds of a Feather stamp set using StazOn ink onto a piece of Shimmery White card stock that measures 2 ½ x 2 ½”.  I colored mine in using colored pencils (cherry cobbler, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie and whisper white).  I did use my trusty Blender Pens to give all my coloring a smooth clean look (this is a great secret).  I added a little liquid glue and some dazzling diamonds for the white fur parts of the hat.  I also added a little Copper Star Designer element. 

I mounted this onto a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock that was die cut using the 2nd largest of the squares from the Layering Squares Dies (about 2 ¾ x 2 ¾”).  I also cut the largest of the scalloped dies from this set out of Cherry Cobbler card stock for the layer (about 3 ½ x 3 ½”).  I popped this up on the card using dimensionals. 

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “wishing you a JOYFUL CHRISTMAS from our little flock using Cherry Cobbler ink.  Here is what that looks like.


I hope you enjoy this card and as always the supplies used to make it and much more are available on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  I will list the supplies I used below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Cardstock:  Sahara Sand (121043), Shaded Spruce (146981), Shimmery White (101910) and Whisper White (100730)

DSP:  Wrapped in Plaid (149596)

Stamp:  Birds of a Feather (150571)

Ink:  Jet Black StazOn (101406) and Cherry Cobbler (147083)

Dies:  Layering Squares Dies (141708)

Misc:  Jingle Bell Embellishments (149598), Linen Thread (104199), Watercolor Pencils (141709) and Watercolor Pencils Assortment 2 (149014) (I used pencils from both the basic set and the assortment 2 set, but you could change the cherry cobbler out and use real red and you would only need one set) , Blender Pen (102845) , Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Stampin Glitter Dazzling Diamonds (133751), Copper Star Designer Element (150430), Stamparatus (146276) and Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment