Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, October 21, 2019

Christmas Boughs anyone?



I live in what is known as the Sandhills of North Carolina where the Longleaf Pines reign supreme among the trees.  So it should not surprise anyone that pine boughs are one of my favorite things to use for Christmas cards and decorations (after all who would move to a place covered in these trees if they didn’t love them).  So today’s card was inspired by that love of boughs.



I started with a simple Whisper White card base that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼” (note here this is simply a piece of 8 ½ x 11” cardstock cut in half on the 11” side and scored in half on the 8 ½” side).

Next I added a layer of Soft Seafoam card stock that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  I stamped this layer to create my own designer paper.  I used the Peaceful Boughs stamp set.  To start I randomly stamped the boughs using Pear Pizzazz ink.  I then stamped the little background dots (from that same stamp set) using Soft Seafoam ink and just filling in the layer.

I cut two boughs (using the two smaller boughs) from Sparkle Glimmer Paper (it really shines and has that beautiful look of glitter without ending up with glitter all over the place) using the Beautiful Boughs Dies.

Next I stamped the sentiment (also from the same stamp set onto Cherry Cobbler cardstock (because this is a Christmas Card and I needed a pop of red) using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with the White Stampin Emboss Powder and heat set it using my heat tool.  I let that cool for just a minute and then cut it out using one of the beautiful frame dies (also from the Beautiful Boughs Dies).

I popped my sentiment up using dimensionals and tucked my boughs under it and attached (I did use some mini dimensionals on the smaller bough so it would stand out a little more.  Finally, I added a bow made from the Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine.  And there you have it.

I loved the simplicity of this card and I hope you do as well.  I will post a list of the supplies I used below.  As always you can find the supplies to make this card and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Card stock:  Whisper White(100730), Soft Seafoam (146988) and Cherry Cobbler (119685)

Specialty Paper:  Sparkle Glimmer Paper (146957)

Stamp Set:  Peaceful Boughs (150541)

Dies:  Beautiful Boughs Dies (150661) (REMINDER:  If you wish to purchase both the stamp set and dies you can bundle them and save 10% on both, item #153033)

Ink:  Pear Pizzazz (147104), Soft Seafoam (147102), Versamark (102283)

Misc:  Whisper White Solid Bakers Twine (124262), Dimensionals (104430), White Stampin Emboss Powder (109132), Heat Tool (129053) and Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)

No comments:

Post a Comment