Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Non-Holiday Card Using DSP from the Holiday Catalog


So a few days ago I said we were going to mix it up and make Christmas cards with non-holiday paper and that I would also be making some non-holiday cards using paper from the Holiday Catalog.  So today we are doing just that and taking a break from Christmas.





Today’s card is a get-well card using the Feels Like Frost DSP from the holiday catalog.  I started by making my card base which was cut from Seaside Spray card stock and measures 51/2 x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.

The next layer measures 4 x 5 ½” and was cut from Blueberry Bushel card stock and adhered right down the center of the card base.  Now onto the DSP, this was cut from the Feels Like Frost DSP and it measures 3 x 5” which is perfect since this paper comes in a package of 48 sheets of 6 x 6” paper (so two cards from each sheet).  I chose to use this design because I thought it went well with the Dandelion Wishes stamp set.  I layered this piece right onto the Blueberry Bushel layer.

I stamped the dandelions from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set using Versamark ink onto a piece of Blueberry Bushel card stock and then heat embossed them using the Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  I then cut them out using my Layering Squares dies and cut the next larger Scalloped square from the set out of Seaside Spray card stock.  I wrapped a little piece of the Seaside Spray ¼” Metallic Ribbon around the layer and then attached it to the bottom left of the card using dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment also from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set onto the DSP using Blueberry Bushel Ink.  I added three gems from the Nobel Peacock Rhinestones and three sequins from the Iridescent Sequin Assortment.

So as you see sometimes you just need to think outside of the box to use up your beautiful Designer Series Paper.  I hope you enjoy today’s card and as always you can find the supplies to make this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog.  I will list the supplies used below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

Card stock:  Seaside Spray (150883) and Blueberry Bushel (146968)

DSP:  Feels Like Frost (150444)

Stamp Set:  Dandelion Wishes (151345)

Ink:  Blueberry Bushel (147138) and Versamark (102283)

Dies:  Layering Squares (141708)

Misc:  Royal Peacock Rhinestones (149494), Iridescent Sequin Assortment (144212), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Dimensionals (104430), Seaside Spray ¼” Metallic Ribbon (150446), Shimmer White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (149511) and Heat Tool (129053)

No comments:

Post a Comment