Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Now, Feels Like Frost - Christmas

So on my last post I showed you how I made a non-holiday card using holiday products but today I am going to make a holiday card using some of that same great DSP from the Feels Like Frost paper pack.  And here it is....


I started with a card base that I made from Whisper White cardstock that measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and is scored at 4 1/4".  I set that aside and started on my card front (I do this whisper white cardbase even though it will be covered because I need an inside for my card and because you need the weight of the cardstock to make a good proper card.  

For the front of the card I started with a piece of the Feels Like Frost DSP that measures 2 3/4 x 5" to the right side of my card.  Next I cut a piece of Blueberry Bushel cardstock that measures 1 5/8"  x  5 1/2".  I stamped the cute snowflakes onto it (to create my own DSP) from the Frosted Foliage Stamp set using Versamark ink and I then embossed them using Shimmery White Stampin' Emboss powder (be sure to run your embossing buddy over the cardstock before you stamp to get a nice neat image).  I love the shine and sparkle this embossing powder gives the project (looks like the glitter you see on Christmas Ornaments).  I then wrapped a piece of the Seaside Spray Metallic Ribbon around the cardstock and adhered it to the left side of my card (tip:  I used tear and tape for this because there is a little bulk here with the ribbon and this tape keeps everything together), this layer will overlap the DSP just a tiny bit but the key is to make sure each piece is even with the cardbase on the outside edges of your card.    

To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment (also from the Frosted Foliage stamp set) onto Whisper White cardstock using Blueberry Bushel ink and die cut it using the coordinating Frosted Frames Dies (note:  if you purchase the stamps and dies as a bundle you save 10% on both of them, item #153029).  I popped it up on the front of the card using dimensionals and for a final little touch I added three little snowflakes from Snowflake Sequins.

I hope you enjoy this project and as always you can find all the products used to make this card and many more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping cart at the top of this blog or by clicking the items below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:


No comments:

Post a Comment