Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, October 18, 2019

Traditional Christmas

Each year I make Christmas cards for my mother in law and this year will be no different.  However, over the years I have come to learn that her generation prefers the traditional Christmas colors like red, green and maybe a little gold (no the blue ones of a few years ago did not go over that well).  So you can imagine how happy I was when I opened up the Stampin Up Holiday catalog and came across the Wrapped in Plaid.  I love the beautiful tartan patterns for Christmas and there was plenty of the traditional colors.  So I decided to play around and used that paper along with the gorgeous ornament stamps and punches from the Christmas Gleaming bundle and the pine bough dies and sentiment from the Peaceful Boughs bundle.  And here is what I came up with, tell me what you think...



And here is how I created it...

The card base was created using Cherry Cobbler Cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”

Wrapped in Plaid DSP is cut 1 x 5 ½” and mounted on a piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock that measures 1 ¼ x 5 ½”

The bough is the second largest from the Beautiful Boughs Dies and was cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock (2 ¼ x 3”).  I then added Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the edges of the needles and dipped it into Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter.

The ornaments were stamped onto pieces of Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce cardstock (2 ½ x 3”) using the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Versamark ink.  I then embossed them using my heat tool and Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then they were punched out using the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (Remember when you order the stamp set and punch as a bundle you save 10% on both).

I stamped the sentiment “Season’s Greetings” from the Peaceful Boughs Stamp set using Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I punched it out using the Timeless Label punch.  (Reminder if you purchase the Peaceful Boughs bundle which includes the stamp and die sets you save 10% on each).

The sentiment and the Cherry Cobbler ornament were popped up using dimensionals.

For the final thing I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” for the inside of the card.  I did stamp the smaller of the two ornaments form the Christmas Gleaming stamp set with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with the gold embossing powder as well.  Here is how that looks.



 I hope you enjoy this traditional card, I will list all the supplies I used below and you can find all of them and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:  

Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler ( 119685), Shaded Spruce (146981) and Whisper White (100730)

DSP:  Wrapped in Plaid (149596)

Ink:  Versamark (102283) 

Stamp Sets:  Peaceful Boughs (150551) and Christmas Gleaming (150464)

Dies:  Beautiful Boughs (150661) (Reminder:  if you wish to purchase these dies and the coordinating stamp set Peaceful Boughs order the bundle, item #153033 and save 10% on both)

Punches:  Timeless Label (149516) and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (150647) (Reminder:  if you plan to purchase both the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack, order it as a bundle, item #153006 and save 10% on both)

Misc:  Dazzling Diamonds Stampin Glitter (133751), Gold Stampin Emboss Powder (109129), Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Buddy (103083), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and Dimensionals (104430)

No comments:

Post a Comment