Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Come to Gather Scrapbook Layout #1

I have said this several times here but I love fall and especially those fall colors. This year I am adding a new color to my fall projects (Pretty Peacock) because I believe it is a natural fit. So I have been working on several scrapbook layouts using this awesome Come to Gather DSP and I will be showcasing them over the next month or so, stay tuned for more. Today’s pages…


 To start with I used 12 x 12” Whisper White cardstock as my base for the pages. So lets get started with the first page. I began with a piece of the DSP (I liked this check with all the different colors) which I cut to 4 x 12” and inked (I believe when you are scrapbooking inking the edges of your papers and photo mats really adds dimension) it using Pretty Peacock ink and placed it about 1” from the left side. Next, I cut strips of paper that I made into a weave (each one was cut at an angle for added interest). The three going across are 2 each pear pizzaz cardstock which is ½ x 6 ½” (inked with pear pizzaz) and 1 using the DSP (I chose one that is cherry cobbler with leaves) which was cut to ½ x 6” and inked with cherry cobbler. The strips going down are 2 each cut from pretty peacock card stock which measures ½ x 6 ½” (inked with pretty peacock) and one cajun craze card stock which measures ½ x 6” (inked with cajun craze). I wove the strips in and out from one another for a basket weave affect. I added two standard photo mats in pretty peacock cardstock that measure 4 x 6”.

 For the embellishments on the top left of the page I stamped three large leaves from the Gather Together stamp set onto card stock using the same colored ink, one in rich razzleberry, one in cajun craze and the last one is pretty peacock. I cut them out using the Gathered Leaves dies. I glued the rich razzleberry and cajun craze leave right onto the page but popped up the pretty peacock one with dimensionals (I did use my bone folder to shape all the leaves and give them some dimension). I added a little cajun craze bow using the twine from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo pack.

For the embellishments on the bottom right of this page I stamped three Sunflowers using the Painted Harvest stamp set onto whisper white cardstock (one is stamped in cajun craze, one in mint macaron and the third in pretty peacock, the centers of all the flowers were stamped using early espresso ink) all the flowers were then fussy cut (sorry no die for this set). I then stamped four sets of leaves from the same stamp set onto pear pizzaz cardstock using pear pizzaz ink and they were punched out using the leaf punch (this punch actually coordinates with several stamp sets). For the final touch to my grouping I stamped three medium sized leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set onto rich razzleberry, cajun craze and pretty peacock cardstock using the coordinating ink and then these were cut out using the Seasonal Layers dies. I started this grouping by using dimensionals on all of the sunflowers and grouped them together. I then shaped my leaves and began tucking them in around the flowers and gluing them directly to the page.

So there is page 1 now lets get started on page 2…

 For this page I again started with a piece of 12 x 12” Whisper White cardstock as a base. I began with a piece of the DSP (I again used the checked paper with all the different colors) which I cut to 4 x 12” and inked using Pretty Peacock ink and placed it horizontally at the very bottom of the page. I then added two more strips of DSP that were ½ x 12” and were inked with coordinating ink (you can use any of the beautiful paper from this pack since everything coordinates so well. To mimic (to a degree) the weave on page one I added two strips of DSP (love this little check) each was cut ½ x 5 ¾” the end was slanted and they were inked using pretty peacock ink.  Next I added two more photo mats that were cut from pretty peacock cardstock that measured 4 x 6” and were inked.

For the embellishments on the top right of this page I stamped three Sunflowers using the Painted Harvest stamp set onto whisper white cardstock (one is stamped in cajun craze, one in rich razzleberry and the third in pretty peacock, the centers of all the flowers were stamped using early espresso ink) all the flowers were then fussy cut. I then stamped four sets of leaves from the same stamp set onto pear pizzaz cardstock using pear pizzaz ink and they were punched out using the leaf punch. For the final touch to my grouping I stamped three medium sized leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamp set onto rich razzleberry, cajun craze and pretty peacock cardstock using the coordinating ink and then these were cut out using the Seasonal Layers dies. I adhered this group the same way I did the one on page 1. Be sure to shape your flowers and leaves this makes a real difference in the look of the page.

For the bottom right side of the page I mimicked page one by stamping three large leaves from the Gather Together stamp set onto card stock using the same colored ink, one in rich razzleberry, one in cajun craze and the last one is pretty peacock. I cut them out using the Gathered Leaves dies. I glued the rich razzleberry and cajun craze leave right onto the page but popped up the pretty peacock one with dimensionals. I added a little cajun craze bow using the twine from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo pack.

Unfortunately, my adorable little fall duck is not a Stampin’ Up product but is actually an SVG from Kadoodle Bugs Designs (she has some adorable designs) that I cut using my Circut. I did use the beautiful stampin up cardstock which cuts amazingly well on the Circut. If you don’t have a Cricut or the patience’s (yes too many layers to count and much time to put together) you could always move your flowers on the right closer to the edge and put in two photo mats or you could add some additional flowers but I was making this page for a very special little girl who will love this little duck so I just couldn’t resist.

 I hope you love these pages as much as I do and as always you can find all (well all but miss duck) the products to make these pages and lots more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net I will list all the supplies I used below.

As always, Happy Crafting!!!


Supplies Used:

Paper:  Come to Gather DSP
                                        
Cardstock:  12 x 12” Whisper White (124302), Whisper White (100730), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Cajun Craze (119684), Pretty Peacock (150880), and Pear Pizzaz (131201)

Inks:  Pretty Peacock (150083), Rich Razzleberry (147091), Cajun Craze (147085), Cherry Cobbler (147083), Mint Macaron (147106), Pear Pizzaz (147104) and Early Espresso (147114)

Stamp Sets:  Painted Harvest (144783), Colorful Seasons (143726) and Gather Together (150589)

Dies:  Seasonal Layers (143751) and Gathered Leaves (150662) (NOTE:  IF YOU ARE PURCHASING BOTH THE GATHER TOGETHER STAMP SET AND THE GATHERED LEAVES DIES BUNDLE FOR A 10% SAVINGS ON BOTH, ITEM #153036)

Punch:  Leave Punch (144667)

Misc:  Dimensionals (104430), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755) and Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack (150456)


NOTE:  My little duck has lots of colors in her but most are scraps from other projects, remember when making something like this you simply choose papers that coordinate with your project.





No comments:

Post a Comment