Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Sometimes it's ok to be SQUARE

My challenge to myself today was to finally use up some of those little pieces of pretty DSP that I just could not throw away, so here's what that resulted in...




Today’s card features another of the beautiful sheets of DSP from the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack.  This one is all about beautiful Christmas ornaments and features some gorgeous color combinations, pretty peacock, night of navy, mossy meadow and of course that gorgeous copper that is the star of this paper pack

Let’s get started.  I created the card base using Very Vanilla card stock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. 

Next I cut five squares out of the DSP using the second to the smallest square from the Layering Squares Die set (let me tell you, considering that these squares are about 1 3/8” square you can get a ton of them out of a piece of this 12 x 12” DSP).  Next I cut a mat for each of those five squares from Night of Navy card stock, for this I used the fifth from the smallest scalloped square from that same die set (I have to admit these layering squares along with the ovals and circles are some of my most loved and used dies). 

I stamped the sentiment “May this special season be wrapped in love and joy” from Perfectly Plaid stamp set onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that measures ¾ x 2 ¾” using Night of Navy ink.  I mounted that onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock that measures 7/8 x 3”. 

To assemble the card, I started by centering my sentiment on the bottom of the card base and popped it up using dimensionals.  Next I placed four of my squares down centering everything and attached them with glue.  I popped the fifth one right in the center of the other four using dimensionals.

This ends up being a pretty card that works great for using up some of those smaller scraps of beautiful DSP we all collect and just can’t bring ourselves to throw away.  

I hope you enjoy this one and as always you can find all the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at www.craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by clicking the shopping button at the top of this blog.  I will post a list of the products I used below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Supplies Used:

DSP/Specialty Paper:  Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper (150429)

Card stock:  Very Vanilla (101650) and Night of Navy (100867)

Ink:  Pretty Night of Navy (147110)

Stamp Set:  Perfectly Plaid (149418)

Dies:  Layering Squares (141708)

Misc: Dimensionals (104430) and Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)

No comments:

Post a Comment