Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Thursday, September 15, 2022

TO GNOME ME IS TO LOVE ME

When I first saw the Kindest Gnomes bundle and the coordinating Designer Series Paper in the July – December Mini Catalog I was like well not me.  But as I saw more and more cards created using it and I watched the great video from Stampin’ Up! about it I decided I just had to have it.  So today I wanted to use it to make a fun fold card and also to demonstrate how you can cut some of the images from the Designer Series Paper out using the coordinating dies.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Balmy Blue cardstock that is cut to 7 ¼ x 5 ½” and scored at 3”.  I then cut a piece of the Storybook Gnomes Designer Series Paper (I picked the one with the cute little mushrooms) to 2 ¾ x 5 ¼” and adhered it to the front of my card base.  Next, I stamped my little Gnome using the stamp set from the bundle and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock and die cut it using the coordinating die.  I then colored it with my Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below, but just a note, I did use the Smoky slate on the beard but spread it around a bit using the Color Lifter so the color was not so intense).  I die cut the mushroom house out of the Designer Series Paper using one of the dies from the bundle.

Now it was time to create the fun fold aspect of the card.  I cut a piece of Balmy Blue to 1 ½ x 4” and scored it at 1”.  I attached this (at the 1” score line) to the center right inside of my card.  I then cut two pieces of Calypso Coral to 3 ½ x 3 ½” and attached them to either side of that 1 ½” strip to cover it and make a nice clean look on both the outside and inside of the card.  I cut a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock to 3 x 3” and attached it to the front piece of the Calypso Coral.  Using Dimensionals I added my little mushroom house and adorable gnome. 

For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped another of the cute little gnomes at the bottom left and colored it in with those same Stampin’ Blend markers.  Once it was all colored in, I attached it to the inside of the card (this hides that fun fold mechanism as well).  I love how this little guy peeks out of his hat, LOL.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment