Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Monday, September 26, 2022

A Trip to the Beach

Today’s card is once again using the Textured Chic Designer Series Paper and the Seasons of Chic Bundle.  However, today I am taking you on a little trip to the beach.  After spending last week at the beach I was drawn to this bundle and this paper and I really wanted to capture some of that beach vibe I had enjoyed all week.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Petal Pink cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  Next, I added a layer of Soft Suede that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and attached it to the card base.  I cut a piece of the Texture Chic Designer Series Paper to 3 ¾ x 5” and attached that as well.  I stamped my sentiment “Thinking of You” from the bundle up in the left top corner of my Designer Series Paper layer using Crumb Cake ink (I think if I had it to do over, I might have chosen to use Early Espresso so it would be darker). 

To decorate the front of the card I used the die from the bundle that looks kind of like a fishing net and die cut it out of Petal Pink cardstock.  I then die cut several shells from the dies in the bundle.  One large one was cut from Soft Suede cardstock and one large and one small one were cut from the Distressed Gold Specialty Paper.  I adhered my Soft Suede shell and the smaller of the gold shells directly to the card.  However, with the larger gold shell I adhered it using Mini Dimensionals. 

For the inside of my card, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the shell from the bundle on it.  This shell is a two-step stamp meaning that there are two stamps that create the image.  I stamped the fuller image using Crumb Cake ink and then I stamped the more detailed image on top of that using Early Espresso ink.  I repeated this for my envelope as well.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment