Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Friday, September 23, 2022

Textured Chic

Today’s card relies on the beautiful Textured Chic Designer Series Paper and the beautiful way Stampin’ Up! coordinates all of it’s products.  It is amazing that you can take a single piece of DSP and pull out all the coordinating colors into cardstock and what not to create a card.  Today I did just that and here is what I came up with…


The card base is Petal Pink cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I then cut a piece of Pool Party cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and a piece of the beautiful Textured Chic Designer Series Paper to 3 ¾ x 5”.  I mounted the Designer Series Paper onto the layer of Pool Party cardstock and then wrapped it piece of the Petal Pink Soft Polyester Ribbon (about 7”) around the left side of this layer and attached it to the back.  I then attached this whole layer onto my card base. 

For my focal point I decided to build a layer of shapes and place my sentiment in the center.  So I used the Beautiful Shapes Dies and cut my largest piece from the Gold Metallic Specialty paper, the next was cut with the next smallest shape out of Petal Pink cardstock and then finally the smallest was cut out using the next smallest die from Pool Party cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment “wishing you the best birthday ever” onto that Pool Party shape using VersaMark ink and embossed it using the Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.  I adhered each layer together and then popped the whole thing onto the center of my card using Dimensionals. 

As you can see this is really a simple card to create but it sure is elegant.  To finish it off I added a piece of Basic White cardstock to the inside that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and I added a little strip of that same Designer Series Paper to the bottom that measures ½ x 4” just to pull everything together. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment