Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

So Grateful

Today’s card was inspired by a video from Sara our Stampin’ Up! CEO that I shared on my Facebook page earlier today.  She used water painters along with the Soft Seedlings stamp set to create a beautiful card.  I wanted to mimic that look but do it with inks and daubers for a little less messy project.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Old Olive cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a layer of Cajun Craze that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8” and added it to my base on an angle.  This layer will be a very thin mat for my Very Vanilla cardstock piece that I cut to 3 ¾ x 5” and then stamped my image from the Soft Seedlings stamp set on.  I took my stamp and added ink using Daubers.  I started by adding Old Olive ink to the stems, then I added Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze ink to the leaves.  Once I had everything inked up I just huffed a little warm air (basically take a big breath and exhale on your stamp) and stamped over on the bottom left of the piece.  I then added the sentiment “so grateful” (also from the stamp set) onto the top left using Cajun Craze ink.  For a final addition I ran this piece through the Leaf Falling 3D Embossing Folder before adding it to the card. 

This is a simple card but could certainly be kicked up a notch by adding some embellishments or some ribbon.  I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment