Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Friday, September 30, 2022

Apple Blossom Time

Today’s card  features the Apple Blossom Dies which will no longer be available after today.  You can purchase them individually or as a part of a bundle with the Apple Harvest Stamp Set (remember when you purchase as a bundle you save 10% on both the dies and the stamp set).  I wanted to work with just the dies today.  Not only does the die set cut out all the stamped images, it also includes a nice little scalloped edge, the beautiful flowers, leaves and branch I used on this card. 

Here is what I came up with…

The card base is Soft Suede cardstock that was cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of Brushing Bride to 3 ½ x 5” and added it to the center of my card base.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 3 ¼ x 4 ¾” and embossed it using the Painted Textures 3D Embossing Folder and added it to the Brushing Bride layer.  I die cut 2 of the larger apple blossoms from the dies and 12 of the smaller apple blossoms from scraps of Basic White cardstock.  I colored the center of each of the flowers with a little sponge and Polished Pink Ink.  Then I shaped the flowers, I simply used my Bonefolder to gently pull the petals towards the back giving them some shape.  Then I put them together layering one on top of the other off setting them for a fuller look.  Once they where adhered I put them on a little foam mat and used the ball end of my Take Your Pick Tool and I pressed down in the center and stirred them until the petals pulled up a little.  I set them aside and went to work on my leaves.  I cut 3 large and 9 small leaves out of scraps of Granny Apple Green cardstock.  I inked the edges of the leaves using a Sponge Dauber and Granny Apple Green.  When these were done, I set them aside as well.  I cut my branch out of a scrap of Soft Suede cardstock and adhered it to my card front placing it to the left at the bottom and reaching towards the right at the top.

Now comes the fun part.  I started laying out my apple blossoms until I got the look I wanted and then I started to adhere them.  Once they were all adhered, I added adhesive to my leaves and started tucking them in all around the apple blossoms.  For my final embellishment I added Pink Pastel Pearls to the center of each blossom.  I decided not to add a sentiment as I can do that when I decide who I am sending the card to and for what occasion (I like having nice cards around when something pops up).  Actually, this card doesn't require a lot of extra stuff, you are mostly using the basic tools with a little paper and ink because the Apple Blossoms Dies do all the work for you.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment