Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Saturday, September 17, 2022

They Say An Apple A Day…

Today’s card  features the Apple Harvest Bundle which is available as a bundle only during the month of September 2022.  While the stamp set is available until December 31st the coordinating die is only available for this month.  Since it is being offered as a bundle you can get 10% off both the stamp and die when ordered that way.  I was drawn to this set because I love to color and this is a perfect coloring set.  Additionally it arrived just in time as my awesome Upline Karen offers free monthly classes to all downlines even mine get that so it is a wonderful perk for signing up to become a member of my team.  Today, she showed this great card using the window sheets Stampin’ Up! sells making a see through part to the card.  As soon as I saw her make it I knew it this set would be perfect for that card.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Parakeet Party cardstock that was cut to 6 ¾ x 4 ¼”, scored at 5 ½”.  You will also need a piece of Parakeet Party cardstock that measures 3 x 4 ¼”.  This may sound weird but the next thing you do is adhere a Basic White cardstock layer to the inside of the card that measures 4 x 5 ¼”.  You do this so you can see where to stamp your sentiment as you will be adding it to the inside and it will be visible through the Window Sheet.  I chose to use a sentiment “Hello There” from the Nature’s Print stamp set and I stamped it in Sweet Sorbet Ink.

Next let’s go ahead and cut all our Window Sheet (this is basically acetate) to 4 x 5 1/4”.  You will attach the window sheet to the top 1 ¼” flap of the card base leaving a ¼” area on the top and sides that is not covered by the Window Sheet.  I recommend using Tear & Tape for this because it is nice and strong and works well with the Window Sheets.  Once that is adhered, I added my bottom cardstock piece.  To do this I added some Tear & Tape to it being sure to stay in about 3/8” all the way around so the tape wouldn’t show once I added my Designer Series Paper.  I lined that cardstock up with the bottom half of the inside of the card and simply folded the Window Sheet down on it so everything was well aligned.  Next you can add your Designer Series Paper, I chose to use the Sweet Sorbet paper from the 2022 – 2024 In Color Designer Series Papers.  of the remaining pieces.  Cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼”.

Your card is basically made at this point and just needs some embellishment.  I stamped the fun cluster of apples from the bundle onto a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I also stamped one of the individual apples onto another scrap of Basic White cardstock again with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (this is the right ink to use if you are going to color with alcohol markers).  I colored them all in using the Parakeet Party, Sweet Sorbet and Soft Suede markers.  Once they were colored, I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.  Hint:  I didn’t want the back side of the apple cluster to show through the Window Sheet so I used the same die and cut it out of Sweet Sorbet and adhered my colored piece to it so my back was nice and clean looking.  I added my apples to the front of the card with Dimensionals being sure to place them where you wouldn’t see them through the Window Sheet on the inside.  I added three little 2022 – 2024 In Color Matte Dots (I chose to use the Parakeet Party ones) to the bottom right of the card.

For the inside I added a strip of the Designer Series Paper that measured ¾ x 4” to the bottom of the Basic White layer and attached my single apple.

 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment