Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Monday, September 12, 2022

Thinking of You

 For today’s card I am headed back over to the Soft Seedlings stamp set.  I guess it is just me wishing for the cool crisp fall air that comes with the changing of the colors on the trees.  Well it is still pretty warm here in North Carolina so I am going to create my own fall in a card today. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Old Olive cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼ x 11” and scored at 5 ½” (just a little switch up).  I stamped the card base using the little samaras (yes I had to look that one up) also known as maple seed pods, whirligigs and helicopters (who know right?), using Old Olive ink to give it just a tone on tone appearance.  Next, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to 4 x 4 ½” and I stamped the leaves all over it using Old Olive, Soft Suede and Calypso Coral ink.  I added that to the card base setting to the left side of the card.  Using my Stylish Shapes Dies (see I do use these a lot) I cut two different flags, one thinner out of Calypso Coral cardstock and one of the wider ones out of Soft Suede cardstock.  I stamped my sentiment from the Soft Seedlings stamp set onto the soft suede flag using Early Espresso ink.  I then cut my narrower flag from the Calypso Coral in half and adhered it behind the sentiment flag allowing the same amount to be exposed on either side of the sentiment.  I then added this to my card using Dimensionals. 

For the final embellishment I added a multilayered bow that I made out of the Linen Thread which I attached using a Mini Glue Dot.  I then colored five of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels with my Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend marker and added them to the card.  This is a great hint, you can purchase the Rhinestone Basic Jewels and color them with any of the Stampin’ Blends to make embellishments that are color coordinated to your card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment