Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

More Sending Hugs on a Splendid Day

On Monday I shared a card I created using the Splendid Thoughts Bundle and the Splendid Day Designer Series Paper.  Today I wanted to show how you can use the same products and add a different DSP and a different color of cardstock along with some extra embellishments and have a whole different card.  I even changed the direction of the card to make it fresh. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pale Papaya cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Splendid Day DSP that is copper colored foil to 2 ½ x 5 ½” and then mounted that onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 ¾ x 5 ½”.  I added this to the left side of my card base.  I then took a scrap of the Pale Papaya cardstock and stamped the sentiment “sending hugs” (also from the bundle) onto it using VersaMark Ink and added some White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  Once I had that done, I die cut it using one of the stitched circle dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies. 

Next, I took a piece of Basic White cardstock and using the little stitched flag die from the Stylish Shapes Dies I die cut it.  I took that flag and added it to the back of the circle I stamped my sentiment onto.  Then I added this whole piece to the front of the card using Dimensionals.  I then grabbed up some scraps of Basic White cardstock and die cut my foliage pieces from the Splendid Thoughts bundle (I did three different ones) and tucked them up under my sentiment pieces.    

To embellish my card, I tucked one of the Open Leaf Trinkets up under the sentiment and attached it with a Mini Glue Dot.  I created a bow from the Pale Papaya 3/8” Open Weave Ribbon with another Mini Glue Dot.  Finally, I added three of the Elegant Faceted Gems to the card. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment