Featured Post

JUST CHECKING IN

Today’s card features the new Citrus Blooms Bundle and Mediterranean Blossoms Designer Series Paper.   We all occassionally need one of thos...

Monday, September 19, 2022

Sending Hugs on a Splendid Day

Today’s card was created using the Splendid Thoughts Bundle and the Splendid Day Designer Series Paper.  Now this bundle and paper is featured in the July – December Mini Catalog which surprised me as it is neither fall or Christmas oriented but I will say it is a beautiful surprise.  I am loving the beauty of this Designer Series Paper, the foils are just beautiful in person so I want to play with them as much as I can before they are gone forever. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Pool Party cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Splendid Day DSP to 2 ½ x 5 ½” and then mounted that onto a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 2 ¾ x 5 ½”.  I added this right to the center of my card.  I then grabbed up some scraps of Basic White cardstock and die cut my foliage pieces from the Splendid Thoughts bundle (I did three different ones) and I adhered them to the center of my card. 

I then took a scrap of Pool Party cardstock and stamped the sentiment “sending hugs” (also from the bundle) onto it using VersaMark Ink and added some White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it using my Heat Tool.  Once I had that done, I die cut it using one of the circle dies from the Layering Circles dies.  I also took a piece of Basic White cardstock and using the little stitched flag die from the Stylish Shapes Dies I die cut it.  I took that flag and cut it in half and adhered it onto the back of my circle being sure to leave the same amount of flag showing on each side.  I then added this whole piece to the front of the card using Dimensionals. 

For my final embellishments I tucked one of the Open Leaf Trinkets up under the sentiment and attached it with a Mini Glue Dot.  I created a bow from the Soft Seafoam Seam Binding Ribbon and added it to the card again with a Mini Glue Dot.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment