Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, July 4, 2022

One Refreshed Hippo

Today I wanted to share one of two table favors I made for the ladies who attended my Open House on July 1st.  I found this cute idea on Pinterest and it was originally created by Ruth Norton who had a great video that I watched to figure out how to create this cute little hanging tag for a bottle of water. 

So here is what mine looked like…

The base of the tag is Balmy Blue cardstock that is cut to 3 x 10”, scored at ½” on both of the short sides and then scored at 2” and 7” on the long side.  Once you have that cut and scored you can create the tag.  On the top that is scored at 2” use a small circle die (I used the Layering Circle Dies) or punch (not to big or it won’t hang right) and cut the circle out so the tag fits over the top of a water bottle.  Now cut the ½” score lines off all the way from the top to the 7” score line.  Fold the remaining ½” scores to the back of the tag and adhere (this creates the pocket for your drink mix).  This is the base of the tag so now it is all about decorating.

I stamped my hippo from the Hippest Hippo’s stamp set and die cut it using the Hippo Dies (both of these are free items you can earn during Sale-a-bration, each with a qualifying $50 order) out of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I then colored him using Stampin’ Blends, the colors I used were, Smoky Slate, Sweet Sorbet and the Color Lifter.  I also die cut two stitched circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies one from Basic White cardstock and one from Balmy Blue cardstock.  I took the Balmy Blue circle and cut it in half using the wave die from the Hippo Dies.  I inked both the circles around the edges with Balmy Blue ink using a Dauber.  I then die cut my boat from a scrap of Soft Suede, the umbrella was cut twice once from Pear Pizzazz and once from Gorgeous Grape (I cut one up and layered it on the other so I got a two-toned umbrella), I also cute a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock into a sun using another of the Layering Circle Dies I edged this in Crushed Curry ink using a Dauber.  I cut one of the larger flags from the Stylish Shapes Dies out of Basic White cardstock and then cut it in half and added my sentiment “AWWWWW! you really are THE BEST” using Gorgeous Grape ink.  I also cut out two pairs of the sunglasses one out of Real Red cardstock and one out of Basic Black cardstock and attached them to my hippo using the black as the lenses (you can’t see it in the photo but I did add Wink of Stella to the black to make the glasses shimmer). 

Now to assemble.  Attach the Balmy Blue circle to the bottom of the Basic White circle using Dimensionals only at the bottom.  Attach your hippo to the back of the boat (I cut a little off the bottom of him) and add Dimensionals and slide him in behind the blue wave.  Add in the umbrella using a Dimensional and just tuck it down in the boat as well.  Now add the sun and sentiment to the top of the tag and you are done.  For the water bottle select any Designer Series Paper you want to use and cut a strip 1 ½ x 8 ¾” and wrap the bottle.  

One thing I do want to point out is that while the supply list below is long for this project it really can be created using scraps of whatever colors of cardstock you have handy so don’t let it intimidate you.  I hope you enjoy this little bottle tag I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.  

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment