Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, June 20, 2022

Bottled Happiness Shaker Card

Today I wanted to feature the Bottled Happiness Bundle which I used to make a shaker card.  I love how this bundle works so well together and the cute little Effervescent Elements are the perfect addition to give you that shake.

So here is what I came up with…

The card base is Tahitian Tide cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then added a layer of the Tahitian Tide colored DSP from the 2022 – 2024 In Color Designer Series Paper that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.   Next, I die cut a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured approximately 3 ¼ x 4 ¾” using the Scalloped Contour Dies.  I centered my bottle punch at the bottom of this layer (be sure to push it up as far as it will go) and punched out the bottle shape.  I used the two stamps from the stamp set that are a bouquet of flowers and stamped them with Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party Ink (be sure to do this over scrap paper as you are going to have an area that the bottle has already been punched out. 

Next, I took one of the Vintage Bottle Shaker Domes and wrapped a piece of the 2022 – 2024 In Color Bakers Twine around it.  I then flipped over my white layer and after removing the adhesive backing on the bottle, I added it to my layer.  I then filled the bottle with Effervescent Elements (note here, I made two of these and found that filling the bottle about ¾ of the way worked best to get that shaker sound you are looking for).  Once it was filled, I cut a piece of Vellum to 1 ½ x 3” and after removing the adhesive backing, I added the vellum (which I also added glue to before layering) press firmly to be sure all your little effervescent elements stay inside.  This layer gets added to the card using Dimensionals and the Bakers Twine gets tied in a bow. 

For the inside I cut a layer of Basic White cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼” and simply stamped the sentiment “Overflowing with happiness” from the stamp set using Tahitian Tide Ink.  I also added a little strip of the Designer Series Paper to the bottom of the insert that measures ¾ x 4”. 


I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment