Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, June 6, 2022

SPOTLIGHTING

Today I wanted to feature a neat technique I have not used in some time.  This technique is called Spotlighting and it works great with this Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper.  So here is what it looks like…


The card base is Soft Suede cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I added a layer of Crumb Cake cardstock that measured 4 x 5 ¼”.  I cut a piece of the Abigail Rose DSP to 3 ¾ x 5” and decided what part of it I wanted to highlight.  Once that decision was made, I used my Stylish Shapes Dies and cut a circle out of the paper that I wanted highlighted.  I also cut a circle the next size larger out of Soft Suede cardstock and mounted the DSP onto it.  I colored my image with Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends.  I attached this over the hole that was left when I die cut the circle from the DSP making sure to light the flowers back up the way they came out.  I added this using Dimensionals.  I stamped my sentiment “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” from the Cottage Rose stamp set onto a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock using Soft Suede Ink and die cut it using the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I also cut the next largest flag die out of Soft Suede cardstock and attached the sentiment to that.  I added Dimensionals and put it on the center bottom of the card.  For the final addition I added three of the Rhinestone Basic Jewels that I had colored using my Polished Pink Stampin’ Blend (Hint: you can make these rhinestones match anything by just coloring them with the appropriate Stampin’ Blend marker). 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment