Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Bottom Flap Card

Today I wanted to feature a retiring product that is currently discounted by 50%, yes that is right this beautiful Designer Series Specialty Paper was $15 but can now be purchased for $7.50 (until June 30th while supplies last so don’t miss out).  I also wanted to show card I saw Mary Knabe from Stampin’ Peace create using this paper.   

So here is my take on that card…



The card base is a little interesting but it was created using Soft Succulent cardstock that is cut to 4 1/4" 'x 11", score at 5 1/2" on long side.  You then place the card base in the vertical position and cut at 2 3/4 from top all the all the way to the score line.  Then you turn the card base to horizontal position and cut on score line from top down to the 2 3/4" cut line.  (Mary has a nice video showing this if you need help that she posted on February 19, 2022 on her blog on Stampin’ Peace.

Next, we will create the inner card, this was made using a piece of Basic Black Cardstock that measured 5 1/4" x 8" and scored at 4" on long side.  For the inside of the card, I used a piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 5" x 3 3/4".  For the front flap I cut two mats of Basic Black that measured 1 ¼” x 5 ¼” and added DSP that measured 1” x 5” to each one.  I added one on the outside of the flap and the second on the inside of the flap (I thought the one on the inside gave the card a more finished look.   I cut my DSP to 5" x 3 3/4" and added it to my black layer.  Here is what the inside looks like…

For my sentiment I chose the sentiment “Sending Caring Thoughts” from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set and I stamped it on a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and die cut it with the Stylish Shapes Dies.  I added a Basic Black mat under the sentiment again using the Stylish Shapes dies and popped it up on the card using Dimensionals.  NOTE:  you could use any sentiment you have and a punch or die of any type that the sentiment fits on. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment