Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, July 29, 2022

Diving Hippo

I just fell in love with the adorable Hippest Hippos Stamp Set and Hippo Dies being offered as freebies during Sale-A-Bration.  Today I wanted to share my little diving hippo, isn’t he adorable?


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”.  I added a layer of the Tahitian Tide cardstock (one of the new In-Colors) that measures 4 x 5 ¼” and a layer of one of the pieces of Designer Series Paper from the 2022 – 2024 In Colors (again in Tahitian Tide) that measures 3 ¾ x 5”.  I used the two largest circles from the Stylish Shapes Dies, I cut the largest out of the Tahitian Tide cardstock (hint:  cut it out of the layer under the Designer Series Paper before you adhere them together, no one will know there is a circle missing and it sure does save some paper).  Then cut the second largest circle out of Basic White and ink the edges using Tahitian Tide Ink and a Dauber to give it more character. 

Now let’s work on our adorable little hippo.  I stamped him onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock and colored him using Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and just used my Color Lifter marker to lighten up some areas.  Then I die cut my life preserver, snorkel and goggles (all included in the die set) out of scraps of Real Red cardstock and attached them to my little hippo.  I cut my boat out of a scrap of Soft Suede cardstock and the propeller out of a scrap of Silver Foil (everyone laughs at me for keeping little scraps but hey it works).  I adhered my life preserver to my boat and then I added Dimensionals to the bottom of the boat.  I then added Dimensionals to Mr. Hippo and tucked him down in the boat.  I attached this whole thing to my Basic White circle.  Finally, I added the propeller using just a little piece of a Dimensional and lining it up with the back of the boat.  I just love how he looks in that boat.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment