Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, August 1, 2022

Snowflake Fun Fold

My upline Karen Titus shares some great fun fold card ideas with us and today I wanted to share one of them with you.  This card is really quite easy to create but has a bit of that wow factor when someone receives it.   

So here it is…


The card base is Basic White cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.   On this piece I added a piece of the Snowflake 12 x 12” Specialty Vellum (this one looks like snow falling and is flocked so it is super soft) that I had cut to 4 x 5 ¼” (hint, use the multipurpose glue and dab on the back of the vellum with a clean sponge so it doesn’t show through to the front).  Now I used one of my Layering Circles Dies to cut a circle out of the upper center of the card.  I used that same circle and the next largest to cut my Silver Foil to create a frame for my circle. 

There is a second piece of Basic White cardstock that is 5 ¼ x 8” and scored at 2 and 4”.  Simply fold the smaller of the two pieces and adhere as shown below.  Once that was adhered to the cardbase I took the same size circle die I used on the front of the card and cut another circle out of Basic White cardstock and stamped my snowflake which is from the Joyful Flurry Stamp Set onto it using VersaMark Ink.  I then added Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat set it.  To add this to the inside of the card I simply closed up my card with the 2" score line folded over and put adhesive only on the right side of the circle, closed my card and lined the circle up from the front so it would be exactly where the opening of the front of the card was. 

I stamped the sentiment “It’s a season of magic & wonder” also from the Joyful Flurry Stamp set onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock with VersaMark ink and embossed it with the Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder as well.  I fussy cut it and popped it up on the front of the card using Dimensionals.  Any message can be added to the inside of the card or you could even stamp some of the other beautiful snowflakes from the set in there. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment