Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Come Sale-A-Brate With Me

What freebies did I use today?  Hippest Hippos stamp set, Hippo dies and the Silver & Gold 6 x 6” Specialty Paper.  We are into the second month of Sale-A-Bration so today I wanted to share a card I cased from one designed by Cindy Brumbaugh another Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator (that is one of the great things about being part of the Stampin’ Up! family is that everyone is quick to share ideas. 

So here is what I came up with…


The card base is Basic Gray cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a second layer that is Sweet Sorbet cardstock and it measured 3 ¾ x 5” and I cut a piece of the Silver & Gold Specialty Paper (a freebie during SAB) to 3 ½ x 5”.  I took that specialty paper and used one of the dies from the Scalloped Contours Dies and cut it with the scallops about 1 ½” from the top.  I added the bottom piece directly onto the Sweet Sorbet layer but for the top piece I wanted to turn it into the stage curtain so I added some dimensionals and overlapped the lower piece by just a smidge.  Then I added a little piece of Basic Gray cardstock that measured ¼ x 3 ½” to create my stage floor. 

I stamped my sentiment and the cut little hippo from the Hippest Hippos Dies (another SAB freebie) onto some scraps of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I die cut the hippo out using the Hippo Dies (yes, another freebie) and the sentiment out using the Layering Circles Dies.  I also cut the next largest scalloped circle from that die set out of Sweet Sorbet cardstock and layered the two.  I colored in my hippo using Sweet Sorbet, Gray Granite and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends.  I added my sentiment and hippo to the card and there you have it. 

We have depleted the inventory two items from the Sale-A-Bration catalog so they can no longer be earned, they are the Pool Party & Soft Sea Foam Cards & Envelopes and the Tree Lot Dies.  But Stampin’ Up! does not believe in disappointing so they have added 10 new items you can earn between now and August 31st (while supplies last) see those here:

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!! 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment