Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Watercolor Wonder

In honor of national watercolor month I wanted to create a card using a watercolor element.  So today I created some beautiful Wisteria using Fluid 100 watercolor paper and some inks.  I think you will enjoy this one…


The card base is Highland Heather cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.   I cut a layer of Sahara Sand cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.  To give the brick a more realistic look (thank you to my friend and fellow card maker Cathy Shikatani for the idea and the beautiful Birthday card she sent me using it) I decided to add some color to some of the bricks.  To accomplish this, I used my Sahara Sand Stamp & Write Marker, I simply scribbled some of the marker onto one of my acrylic blocks and then used a Blending Pen to pick the color up and color the bricks.  The tone on tone looks really nice and subtle.  Once that was done, I added it to my card base.  Next, I die cut two sets of the leaves and branches from the Wisteria Wishes bundle out of Old Olive cardstock and added them to the top of my card. 

Next, I wanted to make my Wisteria look realistic and as most know the coloring is not exactly the same throughout the flowers.  So, I took two pieces of Fluid 100 Watercolor paper that measured about 2 ½ x 3 ¼” and I wetted them down with my Stampin’ Sprizer (this helps the ink flow evenly on the paper).  I then used my Water Painters and added three colors of ink (I just push down on the closed ink pads and gather a little ink in the lid) just adding it randomly and adding more ink or water as necessary to get the look I was going for.  The colors I used were Orchid Oasis, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.  Set these off to the side and allow them to dry completely before cutting out the Wisteria Dies (you can use a heat tool to speed up the process).  After they are dry go ahead and cut and layer the wisteria and add them to the card. 

For my sentiment I used the “SENDING hugs” sentiment from the Splendid Thoughts Stamp set and I stamped it onto Highland Heather cardstock using Gorgeous Grape ink and then die cut it out with a die from the Stylish Shape Dies and added it to my card using Dimensionals.  For my final embellishment I added a bow made from the Fresh Freesia Ribbon and added on with a Mini Glue Dot and three of the Adhesive Backed Sequins and Gems. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment