Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Ballerina

Today I wanted to share another adorable card that features the Hippest Hippo stamp set and the Hippo Dies (both are freebies with a $50 qualifying purchase during Sale-a-bration).  To tell you the truth when I first saw these hippos, I thought now what in the world would I do with those, LOL, it didn’t take me long to figure it out.  Today I added a little technique called paper piecing.

So here is what I came up with…

The card base is Smoky Slate cardstock that is cut to 5 ½ x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”.   I added a piece of Designer Series Paper (this one is from last year but you can use any paper you like) that measured 2 x 5 ¼” and I just attached it to the left of the card base.  I then stamped my sentiment “you’re ALWAYS on POINT” onto the bottom right corner using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  Next, I stamped my image onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and I also stamped the skirt area onto a scrap of my Designer Series Paper (this one I fussy cut out).  I colored my Hippo using Ivory, Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and then I adhered the skirt I cut out of the DSP on to it.  Then, I die cut two stitched squares using the Stylish Dies one from Basic Gray cardstock using the largest square and the second from Basic White cardstock using the second largest die.  I adhered the two squares together and added them to the card base at an angle as shown in the photo using Dimensionals.  I added my adorable little ballerina to them again using Dimensionals.  For the final touch I added three of the Pastel Pearls.  A simple but adorable card!

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below. 

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment