Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, February 17, 2023

The Impossible is Possible

Today I am featuring a unique card created using the Two-Tone Flora Bundle and the beautiful Fancy Flora DSP.  A few weeks ago I saw a video on creating an Impossible Card and after some trial and error I finally figured out how to make the impossible possible.  My biggest challenge was figuring out how to cut out the Designer Series Paper for this card so I hope I do a good job of explaining it to you. 

Here is what I came up with…

 

The card base is Soft Sea Foam cardstock cut to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” and is scored and cut as shown in the picture below.

Once you have your scoring and cutting complete take your card base and holding the left top twist the fold so that the smaller 1” cut side is now at the top left.  See below…

 

This causes the center of the card to stand up (it will fold flat for mailing).  So now let’s move onto the Designer Series Paper, I used the Fancy Flora 6 x 6” DSP and I needed two pieces cut to 2 ½ x 4”.  I found this part to be a bit challenging but once I realized it was easier to make my cuts from the backside of the Designer Series Paper so that it was easier to line up on my cutter it went much smoother.  I would suggest you play around with paper that you don't care about to figure this out.  I also made myself this template I am showing below and that helped a bunch

To give the card stability I cut a piece of Soft Sea Foam cardstock to 1 x 5 ½” and added another piece of the Fancy Flora DSP cut to ¾ x 5 ¼” to it.  I then adhered this to the bottom front of my card.  Now it is all about decorating and the sky is the limit.  I chose to stamp the greeting “Happy Birthday” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set (use the greeting of your choice) onto a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock using Balmy Blue Ink.  I then die cut my sentiment using the Stylish Shapes Dies (I use these so much but you could just cut the piece in a rectangle and adhere it if you don't have a die you want to use).  I added it to that stabilizing strip with Dimensionals.  For the front of my card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 1 7/8 x 3 ¼” and stamped the leaves from the Two-Tone Flora Bundle onto it using Soft Sea Foam Ink.  I then grabbed some scraps of Basic White cardstock and stamped the medium size rose and the next smallest one from the bundle with Balmy Blue Ink (I used the two step stamping which you can learn all about on my January 21st post).  I also stamped the bunch of four little flowers using Calypso Coral Ink.  I die cut all three of these pieces using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I popped the two roses up using Dimensionals and then just adhered the calypso coral flowers tucked up under them and added this to the center of the card that pops up.  I did add an additional piece of Basic White cardstock that measured 1 7/8 x 3 ¼” to the back of this card so I could write my message to the recipient. 

Here is another version that I liked as well.  I changed out the piece of Designer Series Paper I use as well as the cardstock base and some of the colors for stamping.  The additional items I used were Evening Evergreen cardstock (item #155574) and Calypso Coral (item #122925), Evening Evergreen Ink (item #155576) and Soft Succulent Ink (item #155776).  It is certainly interesting to see how just switching out the choice of paper from the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper and a few colors of cardstock and ink can make such a difference.


I hope you enjoy these cards I certainly enjoyed figuring this one out.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment