Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Beautifully Happy

Today’s card is highlighting another free stamp set you can earn during Sale-A-Bration, the Beautifully Happy Stamp Set.  It also utilized some of the new Designer Series Paper called Fancy Flora.  Together with one of the Split Card Texture dies these products make a striking card.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Balmy Blue cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and die cut one side using one of the Split Card Texture Dies.  I added a piece of the Fancy Flora Designer Series Paper under this layer so it showed through the openings left by the die.  I cut the DSP to 3 1/8 x 5 1/8”.  Now if you are careful you can cut the DSP in half at the 3” mark so you can get two cards out of it but you will have to fiddle with it to cover the open areas so I just do 3 1/8” and use the rest of the sheet for another project.  I adhered that layer right onto the card base. 

I stamped the image from the Beautifully Happy Stamp Set onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  There are additional stamps that allow for two-step stamping to allow the flowers to be stamped in a number of colors.  I used Gorgeous Grape, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz ink as well as using my Pear Pizzazz and Balmy Blue Stampin’ Write Markers to add color to the stamps that I wanted to have multiple colors on the same stamp (like the blue flower buds and the green leaves at the top of the stamp).  Once everything was all stamped I fussy cut the flower and added it to my card using Dimensionals. 

Here is what the stamp set looks like, it has some really nice sentiments as well as the flowers.

For my final additions I stamped the sentiment “Sending Happy Thoughts” also from the stamp set onto a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock with Gorgeous Grape ink and cut it out using one of the dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies and adding it to the bottom right with Dimensionals.  I added five of the Pastel Pearls to finish off the front. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment