Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Friday, January 27, 2023

He is RISEN

I have been highlighting cards created with products that you can earn for free during Sale-A-Bration over the past few weeks.  Well today I decided to showcase a card that was created using a new stamp set from the January – April Mini catalog who’s purchase helped me to earn some of those freebies.  This card was created from a single stamp set called Rejoice in Him and in my opinion created the perfect simple Easter Card.   

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Old Olive cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  To this I added a piece of Designer Series Paper (I chose a simple pattern) from the Design a Daydream Designer Series Paper (this paper can be earned hosting a gathering) but any Designer Series Paper of your choice would work, it was cut to 4 x 5 ¼” and adhered directly onto the card base.  Next I stamped my image of Jesus onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I also stamped my sentiment from the stamp set onto Basic White cardstock this time stamping with Old Olive ink.  Each of those were cut out using the Layering Circles Dies.  I also cut two additional circles from Old Olive cardstock using the next larger scalloped circle from the die set.  Using scraps of Basic White cardstock I stamped two of the palm fronds using Old Olive ink and while it was still damp I used my Wink of Stella to pull some of the old olive ink into the glitter from the Wink of Stella giving the fronds a green tint and shimmer (impossible to catch in a photo but trust me the affect is great). 

I colored Jesus using Stampin’ Blends, specifically I used light gray granite, ivory and used my color lifter to blend the colors.  Once that was done I added this circle to the scalloped circle and attached it to the top left of the card using Dimensionals.  I then fussy cut my two palm fronds and tucked them up under that circle as shown in the photo.  I also added my sentiment to it’s circle base and popped it up on the bottom right corner using Dimensionals.

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped the sentiment “Celebrate His Love” to the center top of it using Old Olive Ink.  I also added a strip of the same DSP from the front of the card at the bottom of the card insert, it measured ¾ x 4”.

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card, so pretty, im gonna give it a try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete