Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Adorable Owls

I just love free products that is one of the reasons I love Sale-A-Bration.  During the month of January and February you can earn free products with qualifying purchases like the adorable owls stamp set I used for todays card.  I just thought this little guy (and his two buddies) were just too cute to pass up.   

Here is the first card I created with the set…


 Here is a picture of the whole stamp set, isn’t it just as its name implies, adorable?  This set is yours free with a $50 qualifying purchase during Sale-A-Bration so don't miss out.

 

To create the card, I cut a card base is Sahara Sand cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.   I then cut a second piece of the Sahara Sand cardstock to 3 x 4” and embossed it with the new Cane Weave 3D Embossing Folder (a new product from the January - April Mini Catalog).  I attached my embossed cardstock to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that measured 3 ¼ x 4 ¼” and then wrapped that with a piece of the Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim that I tied in a square knot.  I centered this on the front of the card base.

Next, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 1 7/8 x ½” and stamped my sentiment (from the set) It’s your day! on it with Early Espresso Ink.  I mounted this on a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that measured ¾ x 2 1/8” and added that to my card.  I stamped my cute little owl onto a piece of Basic White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and die cut it with the Layering Circles Dies.  I also cut a mat for it using the next size up on the dies out of Early Espresso.  After coloring in my owl, I added it to the mat and popped the whole thing up onto the front of the card using Dimensionals.

To color my owl, I used the following Stampin’ Blend markers: Crumb Cake (both), Light Pumpkin Pie and Light Old Olive.  For my final touch I did color the green of the eyes with Wink of Stella (this doesn’t show well in pictures but in person it gives the eyes that wet look that makes them pop). 

For the inside of the card, I simply cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and stamped another owl (this time the one with the cute bow tie) in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I colored him using the same colors as I did the previous owl. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment