Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Monday, February 20, 2023

Beautiful Birthday Wishes

Today’s card features the Fern 3D Embossing Folder, the Sun Prints Designer Series Paper and the Designer Tags Dies from the Annual Catalog and the Framed Florets Stamp Set from the January – April 2023 Mini Catalog.  I am always amazed at how well all the Stampin’ Up! products coordinate even from one catalog to the next.  This coordination is what first attracted me to Stampin’ Up! products.  I know I am not the only crafter who has stood in one of the big box stores with a piece of paper and tried to find the right red or blue or yellow from the 20 different shades of each just to leave empty handed because I just couldn’t match it.  Well that is what the coordinating products from Stampin’ Up! saves me from and I love it.  Well onto today’s card.

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Night of Navy cardstock cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I cut a second piece of Night of Navy cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and embossed it using the Fern 3D Embossing Folder and adhered that to the card base.  Now you could pop this layer up with Dimensionals, I did not because I didn’t want to deal with too many elevated layers and additional postage fees.  Next I cut two pieces of the Sun Prints Designer Series Paper (one has ferns and other flowers on it and one is a blue and white stripe), the floral one is 2 3/8 x 3 7/8” and the striped one is 1 ¼ x 5 1/8”.  These were mounted onto pieces of Basic White cardstock that was cut to 2 ½ x 4” and 1 3/8 x 5 ¼” and then placed onto the card as shown.

For my sentiment I grabbed a scrap of Basic White cardstock and stamped the sentiment “Wishes for a Beautiful Birthday” onto it using Starry Sky Ink and then die cut it using the Designer Tags Dies.  I added a bow through the hole in the top of the tag made with the Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon.  I added this to the floral piece of Designer Series Paper using Dimensionals.  I then used another of the dies from the Designer Tags Dies to die cut a butterfly from as scrap of Basic White cardstock.  I curved the butterflies wings up a little and just used adhesive on the middle of his body.  For my final addition I added three of the Classic Matte Dots. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment