Featured Post

MAGNOLIA MOOD JUST A NOTE

Today’s card features the Magnolia Mood Bundle which is a new online exclusive.  I knew the minute I saw this bundle I wanted it.  I could j...

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Just a Note

We all love to get mail so I thought a simple card that was just a note would be perfect today.  This card features the Two-Tone Flora Bundle from the January – April Mini Catalog.  I did grab two other stamp sets which are ones I use all the time.  The Go To Greetings for my sentiment and the Forever Fern for the cute little ink dots on my card front. 

Here is what I came up with…


The card base is Petal Pink cut to 5 ½ x 8 1/2” and scored at 4 ¼”.  I then cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼"” and turned it over on my paper trimmer and using the scoring blade I scored it from the backside at ¼”, ½” and ¾” from the bottom.  This causes a nice effect of raised lines which add interest to the card.  This is a technique I learned years ago and I am not sure why I have not used it in a while.  Once I have my layer scored I added my sentiment “Just a Note” from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set to the upper right corner using Soft Succulent ink.  I then added my little dots all over the layer using a stamp from the Forever Fern Stamp Set and more of the Soft Succulent ink.  I wrapped a piece of the Soft Succulent Open Weave Ribbon around this layer and attach it to the back.  Then I add this layer to my card base.

For my leaves and flowers I grabbed some scraps of Basic White cardstock and stamped three sets of the leave in Soft Succulent ink and three of the flowers in Petal Pink ink (to see how to create these two-tone flowers check out my blog from January 21, 2023) and die cut all six pieces, these are from the Two-Tone Flora Bundle.  I added the flowers using Dimensionals and then simply tucked the leaves up under them where I wanted them.

For the inside of the card I cut a second piece of Basich White cardstock to 4 x 5 ¼” and I stamped a flower using Petal Pink ink and two sets of leaves and some of the dots using Soft Succulent ink.  This was a simple and easy card to create and it would be beautiful in lots of different color combinations, making it perfect if you were looking to create a set of note cards for a gift. 

I hope you enjoy this card I certainly enjoyed making it.  As always you can find the supplies to create this card and much more on my website at https://craftwithronnie.stampinup.net or by click the shopping button at the top of this blog or the link to the supplies listed below.

Happy Crafting!!!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment